Coming soon.. Roadmap for UNCLOSdebate.org and Open Debate Engine project
By Greg Schnippel, December 20, 2014
We're working on a number of new features for the site, here's a look at our (tentative) roadmap for the next 3-6 months:
- Finalize the case-building tool: This will allow visitors to remix the existing arguments and quotes to create their own custom cases on the topic and help fill the gaps in the debate.
- Allow edits to arguments: Visitors will be able to make updates to existing arguments to help improve the reasoning or suggest different wording.
- Open up for user submissions: We're working out the process to allow users to contribute by adding citations, arguments, or other resources to the system.
- Launch next '-debate' site: The goal of this project has always been to create a system that could be used for debates on a number of topics and we worked towards that goal by building four different debate sites at the same time. Unclosdebate.org was first out the gate but we're racing to release Irandebate.org in time for the resumption of the Iran talks next summer. The original Spacedebate.org site is being reworked to use the new system and updated to reflect current events and we're starting a new site to debate the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty at CTBTdebate.org
- Release open source distribution of Open Debate Engine: Finally, after we have established that the system is robus enough to support multiple debates and had a chance to clean up the code, we're going to be releasing the whole suite as an open-source distribution on Drupal.org.