PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEB SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS, POLICIES AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
These terms and conditions of use ("Site Terms") apply exclusively to your access to, and use of, the Web site of UNCLOSdebate.org, located at http://www.unclosdebate.org (the "Site").
UNCLOSdebate.org reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Site Terms or any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and in its sole discretion. Any changes or modification will be posted on project blog, and will be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of its changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Therefore, you should frequently review the Site Terms and applicable policies from time-to-time to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Site. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop using the Site.
There are two types of content on UNCLOSdebate.org: User submitted content and content derived from external sources (governed by "Fair-Use" doctrine).
1. User-submitted content: With the exception of content derived from external sources, all other content on UNCLOSdebate.org is licensed to the public under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 license.
[Creative Commons License]
UNCLOSdebate.org content can be copied, modified, and redistributed so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the authors of the UNCLOSdebate.org article used (a direct link back to the article satisfies our author credit requirement). UNCLOSdebate.org content therefore will remain free forever and can be used by anybody subject to certain restrictions, most of which serve to ensure that freedom. With the exception of personal information (submitted to the 'profiles' section), users agree that any content they submit will be goverened by this license.
2. Fair-Use Content: Some of the content on UNCLOSdebate.org is derived from external sources (ex. the quotations in the evidence section, and the summaries in the news section). This content is used without permission under the U.S. Copyright law "fair use" doctrine for educational materials of a non-commercial nature. All contributions of this nature will be clearly cited to indicate the originating source.
3. Site Submission Rules
By using features of this site that allow you to post or otherwise transmit information to or through this site, or which may be seen by other users, you agree that you shall not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content -- including text, communications, video, software, images, sounds, data, or other information -- that:
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, sexually explicit or graphic, or otherwise in violation of this site's rules or policies;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- infringes any patent, trade mark, service mark, trade secret, copyright, moral right, right of publicity, privacy or other proprietary right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of this site, its licensors or advertisers.
You also agree that you shall not harvest or collect information about the users of this site or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications for any other commercial purpose of your own or a third party.
4. Site Jursidiction
This site (excluding third party linked sites) is controlled by the Company from its offices within the District of Columbia, U.S. of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states as well as from other countries around the world to the extent permitted by site. As each of these places has laws that may differ from the District of Columbia, by accessing this site, both you and the Company agree that the statues and laws of the District of Columbia shall apply to any actions or claims arising out of or in relation to this Agreement or your use of this site, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof. You and the Company also agree and hereby submit to the filing of any claim only in the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the District of Columbia and any legal proceedings shall be conducted in English. The Company makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. This Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sale of Goods.